“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.” —Marilyn Monroe
“Don’t worry about anyone stealing your idea. If it’s truly original, you’ll have to ram it down their throats.” —Howard Aiken, creator of the IBM/Harvard Mark I computer
Work Bio Photo Regrets.
- Dan K.: Here are your photos. Please choose one for your Edelman protrait.
- Me: Gah! I choked! Man, my hair was in the way, wasn’t it?
- Dan K.: I like the last one.
- Me: Can I share the photos on my Tumblr? I want to make fun of myself.
- Dan K.: Yeah you can share them, remember to tell the story of me telling you to get the hair out of your eyes, then you saying “well, its kind of “my thing”, then you being unhappy the hair was in your eyes :)
“By the way, we are not prudes. We expect your web presence to represent who you are, not who you think an employer wishes you were, so don’t waste a lot of time sanitizing your web presence before sending us there. It will just confuse your friends.” —We Are Hiring - Union Square Ventures: A New York Venture Capital Fund Focused on Early Stage & Startup Investing (via fred-wilson / The Future)
“Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.” —Mother Teresa
Etiquette is more dangerous than war –
in war you can only die once.
Socially you can die many many times”” —Anette Von Kohorn
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” —Mahtma Mohandas Gandhi